As a community radio licensee, Zetland FM is required to adhere to a specific set of 'Key Commitments' which are agreed between the radio station and Ofcom.
Zetland FM's key commitments are available to view on Ofcom's website here. We have also included a copy below.
Ensuring Compliance with our Key Commitments
The board of directors of East Cleveland Community Radio Limited regularly review the operation, management and broadcast output of Zetland FM to ensure that we are fully compliant with all our key commitments at all times.
The most recent compliance review of our Key Commitments took place in January 2023, where it was agreed by the directors that our broadcast output continues to be compliant.
Licence number: CR100123
|Redcar and surrounding areas of East Cleveland (as shown in the licensed coverage area map)
Description of character of service
Zetland FM is for the people of Redcar and surrounding areas of East Cleveland. It offers a truly local radio service designed to entertain and inform, and with programmes made for the community by the community.
The service broadcasts:
- Music. The main types of music broadcast over the course of each week are: classic songs from the last 40 years, and popular current tracks.
- Speech. The main types of speech output broadcast over the course of each week are: local news, sport, weather, community and event information, interviews and discussions.
- The service provides original output  for a minimum of six hours per day.
- The service provides locally-produced output  for a minimum of 13 hours per day.
The studio is located within the licensed coverage area.
The service provides a range of community benefits (social gain objectives mandated by statute) for the target community, both on-air and off-air, and in doing so, achieves the following objectives:
- the facilitation of discussion and the expression of opinion,
- the provision (whether by means of programmes included in the service or otherwise) of education or training to individuals not employed by the person providing the service, and
- the better understanding of the particular community and the strengthening of links within it.
Members of the target community contribute to the operation and management of the service.
The service has mechanisms in place to ensure it is accountable to its target community.
[August 2015. Revised September 2016]
 Original output is output that is first produced for and transmitted by the service, and excludes output that was transmitted elsewhere before. Original output can be live or voice-tracked. Repeat broadcasts of original output do not count towards the minimum requirement.
 Locally-produced output is any output made and broadcast from within the service’s licensed coverage area. It may include all types of local production.