105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

Fishburn Park spring shock as last season's semi-finalists are despatched in the North Riding Senior Cup.

By David Marsay

In the preliminary round of the North Riding Senior Cup, the six Teesside League clubs who entered were pitted against each other for a place in the next round, Fishburn Park progressed after a 2-1 victory over Redcar Newmarket, Dominic Wilson gave Fishburn the lead nine minutes before half time and on the hour Sam Pike ,made it 2-0 before Ryan Hodgson made it 2-1 with ten minutes remaining, Grangetown Boys Club won 4-2 at Thirsk Falcons all the goals flowed after a goalless first half, Declan Morrison gave the Boys Club a 1-0 lead five minutes into the second half, Jack Connor making it 2-0 and Morrison making it 3-0 in the 65th minute, Stuart Rose Pulled it back to 3-1 in the 73rd minute but Darren Morrison gave the Boys Club a 4-1 lead before Dave Young made it a final score of 4-2 with an 85th minute penalty and Whinney Banks YCC beat Northallerton Town 7-3 with Danny Lockwood scoring a hat trick and Lee Mahon scoring a brace, Ben Darville gave Northallerton the lead but Michael Shellard made it 1-1, Chris Pattison regained the visitors lead at 2-1 but Jordon Wilson made it 2-2 for half time, Lockwood scored the first of his twelve minutes into the second half to give Whinney Banks the lead for the first time at 3-2, but Michael Gunnel pulled it back to 3-3 a few minutes later, Lockwood completed his hat trick with two quick goals in the 66th and 67th minute to make it 5-3, before Mahon grabbed his brace to make it a final score of 7-3.

In the first division BEADS move up to 4th after coming from behind to secure a 2-1 victory over Great Ayton United, Caleb White gave Ayton a 4th minute lead but Thomas Jones made it 1-1 for half time, the home side dominated the second half and Richard Bowden secured the victory with a gaol on the hour. North Ormesby fell behind at Lingdale but fought back to secure a 3-2 surprise victory with Richard Maxwell, Nathan Konya and Michael Snaith scoring for North Ormesby after Connor Hood opened for Lingdale, North Ormesby went on to lead 3-1 before Hood scored his second, New Marske won 4-2 at Nunthorpe Athletic with Luke Johnson scoring a brace inside the first twenty minutes before Paul Jenkins made it 2-1 at half time, Ryan Bennions gave New Marske a 3-1 lead, Jenkins pulled it back to 3-2 but Luke Nicholson secured the victory with five minutes remaining and Richmond Maverick who could have gone top with a victory, slipped to a 2-1 defeat by Thornaby Dubliners who opened the scoring through Dimitri Kehi after sixteen minutes the only goal of the first half a Chris Moore penalty gave the Dubliners a 2-0 lead but Richard Thompson pulled it back to 2-1 from the penalty spot five minutes later.

In division two, Yarm could have taken over at the top with a victory, but slipped to a 4-3 defeat by 3rd place St Mary’s College, Ryan Mackay scored twice to give St Mary’s a 2-0 lead inside 25 minutes but Joe Dalton pulled it back to 2-1 before an own goal gifted St Mary’s a 3-1 half time lead, two goals in the second half from Liam Watson pulled it back to 3-3 but a first of the season from Matthew Scott secured St Mary’s a last gasp victory. Redcar Athletic secured a 5-2 victory over Billingham Synthonia, Kyran Clark gave Athletic the lead after 22 minutes but Ashly Lavan made it 1-1 ten minutes later, William Neesam gave Athletic a 2-1 half time lead but five minutes into the second half Ross Brogan made it 2-2, Richard Farrier gave Athletic a 3-2 lead with Junior Masandi scoring twice to secure the victory and their local rivals Redcar Town fought back to beat Middleton Rangers 4-3, Rafal Kochanski gave Rangers the lead after ten minutes, goals from James Kesterton, Josh Butters and Sam Young gave Town a 3-1 lead, Kochanski scored on half time to make it 3-2, five minutes into the second half Kochanski completed his hat trick for Middleton to make it 3-3 before Young scored his second of the game with fifteen minutes remaining to secure the 4-3 victory.

In the North Riding Saturday Challenge Cup, only Guisborough Globe fell at the first hurdle losing 4-1 to Thornton Dale, Boro Rangers won 6-1 at Topwith, Staithes Athletic won 10 -0 at Thirsk Falcons Reserves with Luke Weed scoring a hat trick and James Armstrong, Jamie Waters and Ryan Gibson all scoring a brace, Loftus Athletic beat Kirkbymoorside Reserves 5-0 with Jordan Rowe scoring a hat trick, Cargo Fleet AFC won 8-2 at AFC Hillside with Joe Marron scoring a hat trick and Sean Harland a brace and Kader won 6-3 at Stockton Church Baptists with Andy Herbert and Ben Jones both scoring two goal each.

The only two teams to enter the Durham Trophy progressed to the second round after Stockton West End who played most of the match with ten men, won 3-2 at Hebburn Reyrolle and Billingham Fc beat Ferryhill Town 5-1.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information